The Associate- John Grisham

The Associate is a fast paced novel, that just seems impossible to put down. When reading this amazing book, I was awake until 3 in the morning and I simply did not want to stop reading. I just had to figure out what was going to happen next! With plenty of suspense, John Grisham’s book is definitely a must read.

I have always loved John Grisham books because each one is a unique, absorbing thriller. In this specific book, Grisham takes a simple character, a young man named Kyle, and turns his life into a book you won’t want to stop reading. Kyle is your typical college student, with great grades, who is very well-known and is a partier, but is also a bright student with a bright future laid out ahead of him. Until the day that everything changes, this young student’s college history is turned against him, and the intelligent lawyer inside of him is forced to think like a criminal.

Now typically, I am a big reader, but it is very hard to find the time to read the books I enjoy. When reading The Associate, I felt that it was vital for me to make the time to read it. I have always been a picky reader. If the book isn’t a thriller, I will put the book down. There have been many books recommended to me in the past, yet most of them were not able to grasp my full attention. At one point I had fallen asleep in the middle of reading one of these books, and I wasn’t tired, the book was simply that boring.

However, I love Grisham’s technique in writing, he takes everyday scenes and twists them in ways unimaginable, creating an absorbing thriller. I would definitely recommend this book, and if you end up loving this book as much as I do, you should try reading the Private series by James Patterson. My personal favorite of the series is Private London, which is yet another amazing must read.