24 comments

1. the character I would like to have lunch with is Huckle berry Finn because he is really exciting and could tell me all of his adventures and stories of exploring. Also he could teach me some cool tricks on how to do certain things like build a boat hunt camp etc.

2. I’d like to have lunch with Harry Potter. Mostly because it seems like he needs a good meal after living in a cupboard for so long.

3. I would have a conversation at lunch with piggy from lord of the flies, it scarred my childhood with his sad end and to appease that sadness I would love to have lunch with him

4. I would have lunch with Harry Potter, because he has marked my life since I was in fourth grade. Harry Potter book series are one of the first fantasy novels I’ve encountered in my life, and when I look back right now, I am amazed at the author for leaving such great fictional characters to the world. Even though Harry is not a real person, but he’s considered as a legend in the book and in our world. It would be fun to learn magic from him and taking classes with him, being a hero.

5. I would love to have lunch with professor Snape from Harry Potter. It would such a magical experience. Even though I wouldn’t know if he added any weird potion to my lunch when I am not paying attention. I think it would be really cool to have lunch with him and talk to him about his inside struggles.

6. The character I would most like to have lunch with is Claudia MacTeer from Toni Morrison’s The Bluest Eye. I’d want to know more in depth what it was like, retrospectively, to have exploited someone in the way she and her community did, what they could possibly do in the future, and how she plans to move forward. All of these questions are relevant to how people could deal with similar issues in the future, as it would be best to prevent a tragedy as experienced by Pecola Breedlove from the point of view of someone on the “outside” of the direct experience Pecola endured.

7. A bond is created when one has lunch with another. Whether it is forged with laughter or happiness or pain or drama or something else, it is everlasting. In order to have a positive experience, one must choose a character one understands and loves, but also someone who would surprise. For these reasons I’d choose Yossarian from Catch-22. He is a complex character I’d want to learn from, yet also humorous and relatable. His paranoia would be fun to take advantage of. I’d enjoy applying the circular logic which is key to the book in conversation and hearing Yossarian’s response-like a conversation in the book. No matter what happened, I’d be laughing the whole time.
    “There was only one catch…and that was Catch-22.”

8. I would have lunch with Dumbledore from Harry Potter because I could learn something and also eat magic food probably

9. Hmmm… I would like to have a conversation with Severus Snape from the Harry Potter series (Books 1-8), since in the 8th book there is an alternate timeline where Snape is still alive. If I were to be given a chance for a FRIENDLY conversation with Snape, we could discuss a ton of cool stuff! (Including his custom spells ^-^

10. I’d go to lunch with Gandalf the Grey from the Lord of the Rings series. Not Gandalf the White. He is a witty and cunning character that has lived for quite a long time and doesn’t let something as small as a Troll King get in his way. It would be really cool to talk about modern society with someone who can use magic.

11. I would go to lunch with Junie B. Jones. Her fun loving personality would never make the lunch boring and very entertaining. It would be like a flashback of my childhood.

12. I would love to have lunch with Bella from twilight because, i would love to see what vampires act like. I would also, like to get to know her and see why she chose Edward instead of Jacob.

13. If I could have lunch with any of these characters, I would eat with Jesus. People who are close to me all know how I feel the need to know the reason behind everything, and since the Bible is included in this list, I feel that Jesus would be an appropriate answer. Imagine getting to have a one-on-one with the creator of the universe while you were still alive… Appealing, isn’t it?

14. I would love to have lunch with Leslie Burke from Bridge to Terabithia. Ever since I was a kid, I dreamed of meeting her and talking to her. She was my role model for the longest time and she made me dream big. How? By proving to me that girls can be different. That girls can be rowdy, playful and still fun all at the same time. That girls can change everything even if the school treated you like an outcast. I loved Leslie and always will. Honestly, I would take her to Chipotle. It’s (cheap) delicious and I bet she would adore guacamole. Especially coming from a state where Mexican food isn’t as popular, I bet she would love burritos and everything you could stuff inside. It’s also pretty healthy so her artist parents would approve! I’d bring a giant paper filled with all the questions I could ask her and make the most out of my time with her because hers is pretty limited…

15. I would have lunch with Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird. He just seems so wise that he could just talk about anything and I would listen. A whole lunch with just listening to his knowledge and having him respond to my questions would be an amazing experience.

16. I would have lunch with Jay Gatsby from The Great Gatsby. Jay Gatsby is someone who has had to overcome extreme struggles throughout his life and by overcoming these obstacles he became successful. He started from nothing and worked hard to achieve his goal. I would love to ask him for advice on overcoming hardships and pursuing dreams.

17. i would love to eat lunch with huck finn because he is so adventurous. i love to explore and adventure new things as well, and i think it would be super cool. He could tell me all about all of his other adventures and so on. Ive read most of the books about him and always wondered what it was like to live like that, and i think it would be amazing to hear about it from that person.

18. I would definitely like to eat lunch with Harry Potter. If reading and watching him would bring me joy, can you imagine my excitement if I was sitting next to him and eating lunch. I probably wouldn’t even be eating lunch, I would probably be asking him questions and making him sign things the entire time. I fangirl about Harry Potter so much more than I should that for celebrity day I dressed as Harry Potter.

19. I would like to have lunch with Serena van der Woodsen from the “Gossip Girl” series because she seems like a really good friend and a funny person. I would love to talk to her about her life on the upper east side and how she manages to keep a positive attitude throughout all of her struggles. I would also definitely ask her for fashion tips!

20. I would hang out with Junie B. Jones for lunch. She is so funny and seems like she would be fun to hang out with. She also seems like a very nice and fun loving girl although at times she makes the wrong decisions. She ultimately has good intentions and does the right thing in the end. There are several Junie B. Jones books that are top sellers because of Junie herself. People find her character to be very interesting and fun. I would give my life to eat lunch with Junie B. Jones because I love her so much an she influenced my life so much.

21. Without a doubt, I would love to have lunch with Harry Potter. I could have a 24 hour lunch with him to listen to him explaining how amazing his life was at Hogwarts. I would ask him to take me to Hogwarts on Buckbeak and fly there.

22. I would totally chill with Gandalf the Grey from Lord of the Rings. This would be an awesome experience since I was young I have always been a fan of the Lord of the Rings. Me and Gandalf would hang out ya know and talk about middle earth.

23. I would have lunch with Harry Potter. I would have lunch with Harry Potter becuase, if my food isn’t good we could make it better with all of his magic. He can also, fly me home on his broom.

24. I know that it may seem cliche, but I would love to have lunch with Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. She is smart, nice, and, most importantly, has magical powers. She is also a muggle so it would be interesting to learn how she got used to being a witch, and understanding the magical world. Having lunch with a character that I connected to since 3rd grade, would be a dream come true. Seeing one of your favorite characters come alive and engage in a conversation with you is extremely special and I would love to share that moment with Hermione Granger.