The Last Song

LastSongBookCover

Most of Nicholas Sparks’ books (yes, it’s him again, I adore his work and my next blog will be a book by him again and I apologize in advance) have been adapted into movies. The most well-known one is probably The Notebook, but The Last Song delivers a story that can likely happen in real life. And the movie version brought young two actors together–Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus. Well, they have gone through a lot between then and now, but whether you like them as a couple or not,  you can’t deny the fact that their acting was phenomenal. And who’s behind all of this?

Nicholas Sparks.

Let’s take a look at The Last Song: Ronnie is a rebellious teenager (like us, huh?) and is forced to spend her precious summer with her dad, the person who abandoned his family. For a New Yorker, it is pretty hard to adjust to a small town in North Carolina. She thinks that nothing can be worse than this, but guess what? It turns out that her summer can get worse than spending her time with her dad and her brother. A cute boy spills soda on her, a creep is interested in her, and a girl who she thought to be her new “friend” frames her for shoplifting.

Great, just, great.

For Ronnie, her summer is a roller-coaster. All the bad things happened at once, and now it is time for some good things to happen. A lot of change goes through Ronnie during the summer, and I think that is important. Everyone has to go through specific changes, changes that are powerful enough to shape one’s life in the future.

Ronnie’s transformation is truly amazing–Sparks proves himself yet again that he is a unique author. I adore his works, especially this one. Maybe that’s because I can totally relate to Ronnie in some way–I don’t want to admit it, but sometimes I can be a rebellious teenager too.

One thing I liked about this book is that I didn’t get why Sparks named the book The Last Song, it confused me so much right until the end. Sparks is truly an amazing writer–the ending, or the reason that this book was named The Last Song, proves that. When I found out the reason why, I was like: Wow, I didn’t see that one coming. But let me warn you, even though all of Sparks’ books are about romance, this book will teach you a lesson that you’ll never forget: family is first.

Join me as my tears fall down my cheeks.